Enhancing the Common European Asylum System and Alternatives to Dublin.
Elspeth Guild, Cathryn Costello, Madeline Garlick, Violeta Moreno-Lax with the participation of Sergio Carrera.: Enhancing the Common European Asylum System and Alternatives to Dublin, Parlement européen. Etude pour la Commission LIBE, 2015.
- Upon request by the LIBE committee, this study examines the reasons why the Dublin system of allocation of responsibility for asylum seekers does not work effectively from the viewpoint of Member States or asylum-seekers.
- It argues that as long as it is based on the use of coercion against asylum seekers, it cannot serve as an effective tool to address existing imbalances in the allocation of responsibilities among Member States.
- The EU isfaced with two substantial challenges:
- first, how to prevent unsafe journeys and risks to the lives of people seeking international protection in the EU; and
- secondly, how to organise the distribution of related responsibilities and costs among the Member States.
- This study addresses these issues with recommendations aimed at resolving current practical, legal and policy problems (Texto completo).
Estudios monograficos publicados por el PE. LIBE:
Otros estudios de los autores de este trabajo:
- Elspeth Guild...: New Approaches, Alternative Avenues and Means of Access to Asylum Procedures for Persons Seeking International Protection, LIBE commitee, 2014.
- Sergio Carrera and Elspeth Guild, Does the Stockholm Programme matter? The Struggles over Ownership of AFSJ Multiannual Programming, Justice and Home Affairs, CEPS Papers.
- Sergio Carrera, Elspeth Guild, Katharina EiseleIn.: Rethinking the Attractiveness of EU Labour Immigration Policies: Comparative perspectives on the EU, the US, Canada and beyond, CEPS Paperbacks
- Sergio Carrera.: How much does EU citizenship cost?.
- Sergio Carrera and René Groot.: European Citizenship at the Crossroads: Enhancing European Cooperation on Acquisition and Loss of Nationality.
- Didier Bigo, Evelien Brouwer, Sergio Carrera, Elspeth Guild, Emmanuel-Pierre Guittet, Julien Jeandesboz, Francesco Ragazzi , Amandine Scherrer.: "The EU Counter-Terrorism Policy Responses to the Attacks in Paris: Towards an EU Security and Liberty Agenda", Ceps, Justice and Home Affairs, Liberty and Security in Europe Papers.
Más datos sobre bibliografia (monografias y artículos):