ECRE Weekly Bulletin. Boletín Semanal de ECRE: 2022.
ECRE Weekly Bulletin. El Boletín Semanal de ECRE ofrece información sobre los últimos acontecimientos europeos en el área de asilo. Publicación desde 12.01.2007 en este enlace se recogen solamente los Boletines a partir del 1 de enero de 2022 hasta el 14 de octubre de 2022.
- 11/11/2022. Mediterranean: Stand-off Over Disembarkations of Survivors Rescued by Civilian Search and Rescue Operators Leaves Italian Government on Collision Course with France, NGOs and International Law. Reception Crises: Belgium Leaves Afghans in Legal Limbo Amid Plans to Refuse their Asylum Claims, Asylum Seekers Including Minors & Families with Children are Left Out Without Shelter in Europe’s Capital, A New Law in the Netherlands to Accommodate Refugees Is Approved by the Right. Spain: UN Experts Calls for Accountability over Deadly Melilla Tragedy as Delegation of MPs is Confronted with New Details, Morocco Continue Crackdown on Migrants. UK: Government Has Broken its Own Asylum System to Deflect Governance Failures, Asylum Seekers Speak of “grim” “wretched” conditions at Reception Facilities, UK-France Reportedly About to Close a Deal to Curb “illegal” Migration. Greece: Calls for Safe and Legal Pathways Reiterated as Three More Bodies are Recovered in the Aegean, As Government Remains Defiant in the Face of Mounting Evidence of Violations EU Top Official Declare Support. ECRE & UNHCR Report: Follow the Money IV. The use of AMIF and ISF-BV funds outside the EU.
- 04/11/2022. Atlantic Route and Spain: Investigation of Melilla Tragedy Puts Spanish Government “Under Fire” as EU Beefs Up Cooperation with Morocco. Balkan Route: Hungary Increasing Fence on Serbian Border Amid Ongoing Violence and Extended Controls, NGOs to Launch a Joint Action to Support Refugees Surviving Winter in Abandoned Buildings of Belgrade. EU Eastern Borders: EU Commission to Provide 100 Million Euros More to Countries Hosting Ukrainian Refugees as Arrivals are Increasing, Hungary Prepared to Welcome more Ukrainians While Abusing. Refugees from Other Nationalities. Mediterranean: Malta’s Non-Response Tactics Denounced, Italy Leaves Survivors Stranded at Sea, EU Increases Migration Management Cooperation with Egypt as Italy Renews Libya Deal. UK: Home Office Under Fire Over Mishandling of Channel Crossings and Inhumane Reception of Asylum Seekers, Braverman Calls Migrants “invaders” a Day After the Racist Attack on Migrant Centre Greece: Two Deadly Shipwrecks in the Aegean, Continued Pushbacks and Non-Response by Authorities, NGOs Urge a Repeal Safe Third Country List. Interview: With the London Based Refugee-led Organisation Bees & Refugees
- 28/10/2022. EU Southern Borders: Spain and EU Funding for Morocco Amid Crack-down on Migrants, IOM Reports Thousands of Deaths on the Atlantic and Mediterranean as Tragedies Continue, Italy Funds the So-called Libyan Coastguard Amid Protests Over Migration Cooperation. Balkan Route: Commission Increases Support to Tighten Border Control in the Western Balkans Amid Increase in Violence and Pushbacks. K: Braverman Returns ‘Home’ with New PM Cabinet, Victory Recorded Against Rwanda Scheme as Airline Hired for Deportations Withdraws, 222 Children Went Missing From Hotels and Home Office Accused of “Child Protection Failure”. Greece: HRW Finds Türkiye Increasingly Unsafe for Refugees and Calls for EU Pressure to Repeal JMD, Pushbacks and Abuse Continue and Recognised Refugees are Left in Destitution.
- 14/10/2022. Frontex: EU’s Largest Agency Facing Scrutiny on All Fronts. Mediterranean: Pope Francis Calls Exclusion of Migrants “Criminal” as Meloni Vows to Crack Down on Immigration, Med5 Urges Frontex Operations in Third-Countries to Stop Departures, Cycle of Deaths and Distress Continues. Reception Crises: Dutch Authorities Appeal Ruling Ordering Respect For Right to Reception, Belgium Leaves Vulnerable Asylum Seekers in the Streets Without Shelter. European Parliament Assesses Croatia’s Readiness to Join Schengen. Greece: Commission Sees EU Solidarity and Improvement – EU Watch-dog and MEPs See Violations, Government Messaging Under Scrutiny, Refugees Deported Facing Destitution.
- 07/10/2022. Eastern Borders: Partial Mobilisation Sparks Arrivals to EU, Commission Calls for Reinforced Security Scrutiny on Visas. Search and Rescue: Tragedies Off the Canary Islands and Greece as Death Count Continue to Mount for People Trying to Reach Europe – Civilian Rescuers Saves Thousands of Lives. UK: From Bad to Worse as Government Continues Policies Gone Rouge with Proposal to Ban Asylum for People Arriving Via the Channel and “Obsession” to See Rwanda Deportations Implemented. ECRE-PICUM Policy Note: Displacement from Ukraine – the EU’s Financial Response.
- 30/09/2022. Atlantic Route and Spain: “There was no massacre” Spanish Minister of Interior says, Large Number of Arrivals and Rescue Operations as Morocco and Spain Attempt to Delay The Melilla Investigation. Mediterranean: Death Count from Latest Tragedy Passes 100, Civilian Rescuers Save Lives While Facing Non-Response, Delays of Disembarkation and Crack-down, Italy Takes A Step to the Far-Right. Balkan Route: New Violent Tactics of Pushbacks Across the Region, CJEU Finds Hungary in Violation of EU Law, Frontex to Operate In North Macedonia Despite Allegations of Complicity in Pushbacks. Greece: Systematic Pushbacks Continue by Sea and Land as MEPs Demand EU Action, Deaths Up Proportionate to Arrivals, Number of People in Reception System Reduced by Half – Mitarachi Still Not Satisfied. ECRE Policy Paper: Quo Vadis EU Asylum Reform? Stuck Between Gradual Approach, (Mini)-Package Deals and Instrumentalisation.
- 16/09/2022. Atlantic Route and Spain: Moroccan Forces Open Fire Against Migrants Amid Strengthened Cooperation with EU and Spain, Frozen Investigation of Melilla Tragedy and Alarming Death Toll on Atlantic. Balkan Route: Children Face Multiple Forms of Violence Along Balkan Borders, Humiliation and Violence at Hungarian Border, Aggravated Exclusion of Ukrainian Roma Refugees in Hungary. Central Med: Cypriot Government Looking for EU ‘Solution’ to Increasing Arrivals, More Deaths as Civilian Rescuers Continue to Face Non-Response and Delays of Disembarkation of Survivors. Reception Crises: Hundreds of Asylum Seekers Left Without Accommodation in Ireland, Dutch Authorities Restrict Access to Ter Apel, NGOs Says Belgium Lacks Political Will for Shelter. Denmark: Joint Statement Brings Little Clarity on Rwanda Outsourcing but Generates Renewed Critique. Greece: Pushbacks by Sea and Land, Türkiye an Increasingly ‘Unsafe Third Country’. AIDA Update: The implementation of the Dublin III Regulation in 2021. ECRE Commentary: An Analysis of the Fiction of Non-entry as Appears in the Screening Regulation.
- 09/09/2022. Editorial: Asylum reforms: Ukraine Stimulates a Rethink at the Restart. Central Med: More Death and Many Bodies are Unrecovered, Hundreds Disembark in Italy as Maltase Non-response Claims the life of a child, New Evidence of Widespread Abuse in Libya. UK: New PM Urged to Address Failing Asylum System as Home Secretary Resigns, Skeletons Flying Out of the Closet Amid High Court Juridical Review of Rwanda Policy, Arrivals Across the Channel Continue. Greece: Government States 150,000 People have been “Averted” but Denies Pushbacks, ‘Safe Third Country’ Inadmissibility Decisions Continue as Hate Crimes are On the Rise in Türkiye. Joint Statement: NGOs call on Member States: Agreeing on the Instrumentalisation Regulation will be the Final Blow to a COMMON European Asylum System (CEAS) in Europe. Joint statement: One year after the country’s takeover by the Taliban – How did Europe welcome Afghans in need of protection?
- 02/09/2022. Central Med: New Deaths Adds to the Ever Mounting Total, Civil Fleet Busy Saving Lives, Malta Non-responsive and People Returned to Libya Facing Abuse and Deadly Conflict. Reception Crises: Dutch State Sued Over Inhumane Conditions and Critisised over Proposed Crisis Measure to Limit Family Reunification, Fedasil staff Protests as Reception Crisis in Belgium Reaches Boiling Point. Greece: Government Takes Another Crack at Preventing Free Press. Reports of Pushbacks and Non-Response Continue. UK: Cost of Asylum System Reaches £2bn as Case Backlog and Arrivals Across the Channel Peaks. Rwanda Deal Remains Flawed and Under Heat. Report: BVMN Balkan Regional Report (July 2022).
- 08/07/2022. Atlantic Route and Spain: Deadly Tragedy at Melilla Border Causes Local Protests and International Outcry – More Deaths on the Atlantic; Balkan Route: Systematic Pushbacks Continue Across the Balkans, Shortcomings in Croatia’s Monitoring Mechanism, Hungary Applies Double Standards in Approach to Arrivals; Central Med: Another Deadly Tragedy Despite Civilian Rescue Efforts, Delay of Disembarkations Continue, Deaths in Libyan Desert and New Reports of Horrific Abuse; Eastern Borders: CJEU Finds Lithuania’s Legislation Unlawful Amid New Reports of Abuses, Polish Court Ruling on the Illegality of Pushbacks, Poland Replaces a No-Access Zone with Steel Wall; EU Ukraine Response: Commission Proposes to Give 30 Per Cent of Cohesion Funds for Ukraine Response to Local Authorities and Civil Society; Greece: ECtHR Condemns Greece in Prominent Ruling, New Evidence of Pushbacks, Renewed EU Critique – Same Old Denials, Government Ignores European Courts and Continue Crack-Down on Solidarity.
- 24/06/2022. ECRE Editorial: End Game Of French Presidency - Passing On a Partial Reform. Central Med: Deaths Off Tunisia, Civilian Rescuers Save Hundreds of Lives as Delays in Disembarkation Persist, NGOs Denounce Malta’s Deterrence Tactics, Cyprus Seeks EU Support. Atlantic Route and Spain: Push for Inclusion of Irregular Migration as Threat to NATO, Old Routes Remain Deadly and New Deadly Routes Emerge Amid Tensions Over Western Sahara. Reception Crises: Dutch Authorities Acknowledge Crisis Seeking Solutions, Belgian Court Raise Question of Systematic Violations but Public Prosecutors Find No Criminal Offence. Greece: Minister Accuses MEPs of Being manipulated by Propaganda and NGOs of Coordinating with Human Smugglers, Reports of the Use Third-Country Nationals in Pushbacks Operations.
- 17/06/2022. Balkan Route: Irregular Arrivals Increase Says Frontex, Pushbacks Continues Says UN Special Rapporteur, Hungary Exposed Family to Degrading and Inhumane Treatment Says ECtHR. Central Med: Trial Against Rescuers Suspended over Prosecutors “Sloppy Work, Salvini Facing Defamation Charges Over Slander of Former Sea-Watch Captain, Civilian Rescues Continue. Eastern Borders: UNHCR updates Ukraine Displacement Data, Asylum Requests by Russians Doubled EUAA Says, Poland to Abolish No-access Zone on Belarus Border, Czech Republic Limits Assistance to Ukrainians. Pushback Practices: A De Facto but Covered-up Policy for Many States Says UN Special Rapporteur Amid Recent Examples of Doubtful Tactics in the EU. Greece: Authorities Ignore ECtHR Interim Measures and Distress Calls as Turkiye Increase Return Efforts of Refugees, Systematic Detention of Asylum Seekers Persists. UK: Victory for Human Rights Defenders as Rwanda Flight ‘Crashes’ on the Runway – Government Humiliated but Looking for Come Back.
- 10/06/2022. Central Med: Med5 Urges EU to Make ‘Solidarity’ Mandatory as Civilian Rescuers Take Main Responsibility for Saving Lives and Battle Authorities to Ensure Safe Disembarkation. JHA Council: French Presidency to Push for Progress on Gradual Approach and agreement on the Schengen Borders Code. Greece: Criminalisation of Refugees Continue as Teenagers Are Again Convicted of Moria Fire, Deployments of Border Police in Evros While ECtHR Rulings Are Ignored, Ombudsman Questions Pushback ‘Investigations. UK: Home Office Give Asylum Seekers ‘An Offer You Can’t Refuse, Unaccompanied Children and LGBTQ People at Risk of Deportation to Rwanda, Channel Crossings Approach 10,000. AIDA 2021 Update: Sweden.
- 03/06/2022. Better, Bad, Worse, Worst Approaches? The Asylum Reforms after “Ukraine”. Central Med: Death Toll Reach 600 as Civilian Rescuers Fight to Save Lives, Malta Ignoring Distress at Sea and Detaining Children on Land. EU Eastern Borders: Scrutiny of Polish Authorities at Belarus Border, UNHCR Joins Choir of Critique over Estonian Amendments of the State Borders Act. Ukraine Displacement: Over 6.8 Million Refugees, Heightened Risk for Women and Girls, Updated Information Sheet and Revised ECRE Advocacy Messages to the EU. Greece: Crack-down on NGOs and Criminalisation of Solidarity Continues, Government Announces “Blocking” Thousands of Arrivals in Evros Amid New Pushback Reports. AIDA 2021. Update: Greece. Update: Poland. Update: Portugal. Update: Romania.
- 25/05/2022. Central Med: Malta Continues to Ignore Distress Alerts Leaving People at the Mercy of So-called Libyan Coast Guard, Civilian SAR Operators Save Lives as Crackdown is Ongoing. UK: Confusion Over (Raw)anda Deal as Home Office Moves to Detain Asylum Seekers, Deterrence Effect Doubtful as Channel Crossings Continue, Ten Years of Hostile Environment Leaves Nothing to Celebrate. AIDA 2021. Update: Italy. AIDA 2021 Update: Slovenia. Working Paper: The Migration Management Strategy of the EU towards Africa Analysed from a Senegalese and West African Perspective.
- 13/05/2022. TPD Implementation: Ukraine Displacement Crisis at the End of Its Beginning. Central Med: Civilian Rescuers Save Hundreds of Lives as Deaths Are Reported off Italy and Tunisia, Returns to Libya Continue. Atlantic Route and Spain: Rescues and Deadly Tragedies as Spain Strengthen Migration Deterrence Cooperation with Morocco. UK: Government Press Ahead with Rwanda ‘Plan’ Amid Legal Challenges, Warnings and Protests and Despite Own Assessments Pointing to Concerns. AIDA 2021 Update: Malta.
- 06/05/2022. Ukraine Displacement: More than 13 Million Displaced and Growing Concern over Vulnerable Groups, Situation in Border States Increasingly Dire. Search and Rescue: UNHCR Call for Urgent Action over Deaths at Sea, Meanwhile Deaths Continue on the Mediterranean and Atlantic Routes. Greece: ESTIA Melt Down Continues – Criminalisation, Crack-downs and Pushbacks Still the ‘Welcome’ for People in Search of Protection. AIDA 2021 Update: Austria, Croatia y Serbia.
- 29/04/2022. Updated Information Sheet: Measures in Response to the Arrival of Displaced People Fleeing the War in Ukraine; Central Med: Despite Civilian Rescues Death Toll; Continues to Rise, Interceptions and Returns to Libya, Cyprus’ Only Registration; Centre Overcrowded and in Deplorable Conditions; Frontex: Leggeri Out Reportedly over OLAF Scrutiny as New Investigation Points to Cover Up of Pushbacks, Coast Guard Agency is ‘Arming Up’, Switzerland Sees Protests Ahead of Referendum on Continued Support; UK: Goes Rogue as ‘Anti-Refugee Bill’ Passes into Law and MoU is Signed with Rwanda, Pushback Policy Withdrawn and Homes for Ukraine Scheme Designed to Fail. AIDA 2021: Hungary; Ireland; Spain y Switzerland.
- 08/04/2022. Editorial: Ten Points for Ten Point Ukraine Plan – Let’s Make it Count!. Op-ed: Why Europe Needs to Address the Protection Needs of Stateless Refugees Fleeing Ukraine. Ukraine Displacement: As the Number of Refugees and IDPs Pass 11 million Concerns Grow Over Vulnerable Groups, EU Allocates 17 Billion Euro in Support, Civil Society Struggle to Keep up with Ukrainian Arrivals in Poland as Abuse Continues on Belarus Border. Frontex: MEPs Withhold Discharge of Frontex Budget, Swiss Poll Reveals Support for Continued Funding the Agency Ahead of Referendum, Increased Cooperation with INTERPOL. Central Med: Rescues Continue to Rise On the Deadliest Sea Route to Europe, Pope Francis Denounces Malta’s Treatment of Migrants and Condemns EU’s Complicity in Libyan Abuse as Returns Continue Unabated. Greece: Solidarity With Ukrainians Have Sparked No Change for Other People in Need of Protection, Chronic Barriers for Refugees, Commission Expects Government to Ensure the Health and Safety in High Risk Lesvos Camp. UK: House of Lords Again Rejects ‘Anti Refugee Bill’, Government Claims Outsourcing Deal with Rwanda is Close, Minister Wows to Cut Waiting Times as Critique of Homes for Ukraine Scheme Continues, NGOs Urges Access for Afghans. AIDA 2021 Update: Belgium. AIDA 2021 Update: France. AIDA 2021 Update: Germany. AIDA 2021 Update: The Netherlands.
- 01/04/2022. Ukraine Displacement: As Millions are Displaced Aid Agencies Are Challenged and Women and Children Fleeing Are Exposed, Mandatory Distribution off the Table but Concern over Uneven Arrivals, EU to Increase support for Moldova. Central Med: Rescues and Death Toll Continue to Rise, Germany to stop training the so-called Libyan Coast Guard, Pope Francis Calls on Malta to Welcome refugees. Information Sheet: Measures in Response to the Arrival of Displaced People Fleeing the War in Ukraine. Greece: Guarantees of Capacity for Ukrainian Refugees while the Situation Remains Dire in Camps Across the Country, Government Body Finds No Evidence of Pushbacks. UK: Home Office Phone Confiscation Policy Declared Unlawful, Visa Restrictions and ‘Homes for Ukraine’ Scheme Facing Headwind, 12,000 Afghan Evacuees Remain in Temporary Housing. AIDA 2021 Update: Cyprus.
- 25/03/2022. ECRE Editorial: EU Displacement Response Turned Upside Down in Ukraine and So It Should Remain. Ukraine Displacement: As Displacements Hit 10 Million Mark Vulnerable Groups are Exposed, Neighbouring Countries Rely on Civil Society and EU Assistance, Commission Rejects Mandatory Distribution of Refugees. Atlantic Route and Spain: Canary Route Among Deadliest, EU Plans to Strengthen Cooperation with Morocco, Resumption of Deportation Flights, Double Standards in Approach to Arrivals. Channel : Evictions Continue in Grande Synthe and Calais as UK and France Enters Spat over Ukrainian Refugees, Frontex Deploys Aircraft to Detect Unauthorised Crossings. Greece: Group Stranded in Evros Rescued After ECtHR Intervention, Complaint Against Frontex Lodged Before ECJ as Details of OLAF Report are Revealed, Relocation Scheme Launched as Authorities Ramp Up Support to Ukrainians. UK: Black Tuesday as MP Vote on ‘Anti Refugee Bill’ – Scheme to Outsource Responsibility Does Little to Stop Critique of Visa Restrictions for Ukrainians. Policy Note: Schengen Borders Code Amendments: More Hostile Borders – Less Space For Human Rights. Policy Note: A Step Too Far: Introducing “Instrumentalisation” In EU Law.
- 18/03/2022. Ukraine Displacement: Millions Flee as Humanitarian Need Rises, Concerns for Vulnerable People, Frontex Assists with Returns, Russians Dissidents Flee. European Ukraine Response: Refugee Arrivals Continue Across Europe. Central Med: Death Toll Continues to Rise on the Busiest Sea Route to Europe. Poland: Reception Difficulties Emerge Amid Vast Volunteer Effort, Ukraine-Poland Border Worlds Apart from Belarus-Poland Border. Germany: Solidarity with Ukrainian Refugees, Berlin Under Pressure, Other Asylum Seekers Moved Along, Pro Asyl Slams Pre-Deportation Detention. Cyprus: Children Watchdog Appalled by Reception Conditions in Pournara, President Promises Improvement But Blames High Number of Arrivals. AIDA 2021 Update: United Kingdom.
- 11/03/2022. EU Ukraine Response: EU Steps Up With Temporary Protection, Border Management Guidelines, Humanitarian Aid, and Support to Member States. Ukrainian Borders: More Than Two Million Arrivals to Neighbouring States, Strong Community Response in Poland, Hungary Introduces Tougher Controls, Moldova Under Pressure Information Sheet: Access to Territory, Asylum Procedures and Reception Conditions for Ukrainian Nationals in European Countries. Frontex: MEPs Urge Release of EU Anti-Fraud Investigation, Frontex to Increase Manpower at Ukrainian Border, Green Light for Talks on Senegal Deployment. Balkan Route: Years of Pushbacks Condemned, Ombudsman Slams Commission Failure on Croatian Funding, Asylum Shortcomings in Serbia, Hungarian Border Violence. Greece: Civil Society Organisations Demand EU Action on Third Country Concept, Pushbacks Continue with Frontex Involvement, Ukrainians Receive Access to Housing, Medical Care and Work While Regular Reception Remains Dire. Spain: Record Number of Melilla Crossings as Violence Prompts Outrage, Quiet Spell on the Atlantic Route, Preparations to Welcome Ukrainians. ECRE Comments on the Commission Proposal to Amend the Schengen Borders Code.
- 25/02/2022. Ukraine Displacement: European Preparations and the Perpetual Solidarity Question. EU Eastern Borders: Ukraine Invasion Drives Displacement, Vast Majority of ECtHR Injunctions Granted, Calls for End to Polish Emergency Laws. Atlantic Route and Spain: Rescues and Tragedy, Moroccan Migration Cooperation Morocco, Judge Orders Return Of Expelled Minors, Border Procedure Plans Spanish Enclaves. Central Med: Hundreds Rescued Yet Death Toll Continues to Rise, Frontex Covers Up Cooperation with Rogue Libyan Authorities, Protests in Tunisia. AIDA 2021 Update: Bulgaria. Austria: New Judgment Confirms Pushbacks, Swiss-Austrian Readmission Agreement Review Paves the Way for Summary Returns, Government Seeks Cooperation on Return. Greece: Pushbacks Face Renewed International, Legal, Political, and Public Scrutiny, Turkey Conducts Large-Scale Returns, Coast Guard Seeks to Purchase Surveillance Software. UK: Australian Adviser Recruited, Welsh and Scottish Parliaments Reject Bill, Afghans Stuck in Hotels, Home Office Accused of Harming Women and Ignoring Racism. Cyprus: MoU Signed with European Commission While Government Casts Blame on Asylum Seekers.
- 18/02/2022.Op-ed: The EU Must Stop Trapping Migrants in Libya or Risk Complicity in Crimes Against Humanity and War Crimes. EU Eastern Borders: “Disastrous” Reception Conditions in Poland and Lithuania, Pushbacks Denounced, Uptick in Arrivals to Latvia Amid Fears of War in Ukraine. Balkan Route: New Croatian Pushback Revelations, Mistreatment of People in Transit, States Block Afghans but Declare Hospitality Vis-à-vis Ukrainians. Central Med: Rescues Continue as Malta is Called Out for Preventing Disembarkation and Conducting Pushbacks to Libya Whose ‘Coast Guard’ Again Faces Scrutiny. Greece: Aegean Sea Unmonitored as Crackdown on Civil Society Continues, New Violent Pushbacks Amid Collective Deportations from Turkey to Syria, New Lesvos Camp in High Risk Area. Germany: Government Urged to Speed Up Afghan Visas, Smugglers Exploit Dreams of Germany, Tens of Thousands of “Onward Movement” Claims on Hold. Switzerland: Kids Suffer in Deportation Facilities, Government Lambasted Over Afghan Humanitarian Visas, Initiative to Welcome Refugees at Local Level, Warnings against Dublin Transfers to Italy. Cyprus: Government Blames Turkey for High Number of Arrivals and Requests Frontex Patrols – Leggeri Promises Support and Facilitation of Returns.
- 11/02/2022. Frontex: EU Border Control in Africa Set to Expand, Commission Floats Political Oversight, Switzerland to Vote on Frontex Funding, Belgium Plans Scrutiny Hearing; Atlantic Route and Spain: Shift to Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, Children at Risk on Islands, Resumption of Deportation Flights to Morocco, Venezuelans Seek Refuge in Spain. Channel: Macron Calls on UK to Offer Safe Routes, Home Office Prioritises Crackdown on “Illegal Migration” and Mothballs Afghan Resettlement, Squatters Protest French Policies. Central Med: EU Boosts Support to Libya Amid Detainee Hunger Strike, Activists Protest Deaths at Sea, Cyprus Pushes for Returns, El Hiblu 3 Trial Continues. Greece: UNHCR Calls for Urgent Investigation as More Bodies are Recovered in Evros, Court Rules in Favour of Refugees Accused of Arson, Local Protestors in Lesvos Arrested for Arson.
- 04/02/2022. Editorial: French Presidency Plans: New Momentum or Hot Air?. Central Med: Civil Fleet Continue to Save Lives as Italian Authorities Drop Charges, Italy Urged to End MoU with Libya Where List of Crimes Against Migrants Grows. EU Eastern Borders: Poland Insists on Hard-Line EU Response, Border Wall Endangers Environment and People Alike, Reception Conditions Under Fire, Warm Welcome for Ukrainians Lays Bare Double Standards. Atlantic Route and Spain: Political Infighting Leaves Lanzarote Arrivals in Overcrowded Facility, Boat Drivers Sentenced to Jail, Record Rescues in the Last Weeks of January. Greece: People on the Move Caught in Deadly Greek-Turkish Stand-off, Government Attempts to Hide Lack of Access to Asylum Procedures, EU-Funded “Prison Structures” Face Local Opposition. UK: January Channel Crossings Up Five-Fold, “Illegal Entry” Deemed Misleading, Borders Bill Endangers LGBTI+ Applicants and Blocks Safe Passage, Phone Seizures Challenged.
- 28/01/2022. ECRE Comments: EC Proposal on Situations of Instrumentalisation in the Field of Migration and Asylum; AIDA Comparative Report: Digitalisation of Asylum; Balkan Route: Serbia Ignores ECtHR Injunction and Extradites Bahraini Dissident, New Border Violence Reports, Orban Tries Old Tricks to Win New Election; Med: EU Report Calls for Continued Cooperation with Libya, UN SG Warns of Thousands Illegally Detained in ‘Inhumane’ Conditions, Civilian Rescues Continue Yet Death Toll Mounts; Atlantic Route: More Deaths on Dangerous Journeys, Smugglers Evade Moroccan Authorities, Women Increasingly Risk Their Lives at Sea. EU Eastern Borders: Interior Ministers Want to Beef Up ‘Protection’ of Borders, Lithuania Fines MSF Medics, Court Backs Red Cross in Polish Border Zone, Ombudsman Finds Polish Reception Insufficient. Belgium: Authorities Convicted Over Asylum and Reception Mismanagement. Smuggler Sentenced for 39 Deaths in 2019 Tragedy. Greece: Pushbacks by Sea to Go Before ECtHR, Access to Procedures Restricted on Land, Rule of Law Concerns in Asylum System Persist, Commission Challenges Legality of the Safe Third Country Concept. Malta: Children Released After Almost Two Months of Illegal Detention. People Detained at Sea in 2020 Had Tested Negative for Covid-19. Cyprus: UNHCR Urges Fair and Fast Asylum Procedures with Increased Arrivals and Raises Concern over Situation for Unaccompanied Children in Overcrowded Reception Centre.
- 21/01/2022. EASO Becomes EUAA as New Mandate Enters into Force. EU Eastern Borders: Commission Emergency Proposal Comes Under Fire, MEPs Visit Rights-Free Border Zone, Supreme Court Rules on Polish Media Ban. Balkan Route: Movement Increases in the Region as Europe Fortifies, Afghans Fleeing the Taliban Face Dire Conditions at EU Borders. Atlantic Route and Spain: Court Rejects Complaint on Reception Failings, ‘Smart’ Borders Risk Reinforcing Racism, Tragedy at Sea Driven by Sahel Displacement. Med: Rome Court Orders Humanitarian Visas for Two Afghans Within Ten Days, Ocean Viking Blocked in Italy, Case Submitted to ICC over Malta and Italy’s Complicity in Crimes in Libya. Greece: Huge Discrepancy Between Reported Rescues and Arrivals Suggests Massive Pushbacks, Billions Spent do Little for Violations and Mismanagement. UK: Ghana Refutes Offshoring Claims, Home Office Scandals Multiply as Nationality and Borders Bill Faces Renewed Scrutiny, High Court Slams Age Assessment Practices. France: Zemmour Fined for Hate Comments on Teen Migrants, Afghans are the Main Group Seeking Protection in France, Northern Coast Marked by Tragedy, People on the Move Targeted by Police.
- 14/01/2022. Atlantic Route and Spain: One in Five Canary Route Journeys End Deadly, Spanish Rescue Service Restarts Reporting, Law Reform Lets Young New Arrivals Work Med: Tragedy Continues as Routes Changes and Situation in Libya Deteriorates Even Further. EU Eastern Borders: Belarus and Poland Enact Brutal Violence and Block Aid Workers, Lithuania Lifts State of Emergency. Channel: Crossings Soar in 2021 with no Legal Routes, Fears for Displaced after Calais Funding Cut, UK “Warm Welcome” Illusive as Resettlement Flops. Denmark: MEPs Confront Danish Minister on Rogue Asylum Policies as Syrians Flee to Other Member States. Greece: Deadly End to 2021, Pushbacks Prevent Arrivals and Drive People Towards More Deadly Routes, Closed Controlled Camps Again Face Legal Scrutiny and Criticism. Cyprus: UN Raises Concern Over Treatment of Asylum Seekers, Confrontations Between Locals and People on the Move met with Police Clampdown.
- Boletín Semanal de ECRE 2011-2016.
- Boletín Semanal de ECRE 2017-2018.
- Boletín Semanal de ECRE 2019-2021.
- Guidelines on the treatment of Chechen internally displaced persons (IDPs), asylum seekers and refugees in Europe.
Más datos sobre bibliografia (monografias y artículos):